Carving On Turning
- 1.50 LBS
Carving On Turning has risen from the ashes of a series with 14 articles that Author Chris Pye has has written for Woodcarving Magazine. Turners will learn carving techniques with which they can experiment and extend the scope of their work. There are more than a dozen projects, Carving on Turning will introduce you to the many possibilities of how carving can enhance and embellish your woodworking project. Chris features several carving styles, such as relief carving, carving in the round and piercing. This manual teaches readers how to add decorative marks to a bowl, how to transform a plain breadboard with a simple design, how to apply lettering to a curved surface, add low-relief carving to a milking stool and bedpost, add decorative elements to furniture, add a 3-dimensional form to a box, use pierce carving on a mirror & plate, and shape a smooth pestle and mortar. Carvers will love this book as it proves how easily curved surfaces can be carved. Turners will appreciate the easy-to-understand carving instruction that Chris Pye is so well-known for.
Carving On Turning Contains:
- Decorative Marks 1 - Sun Bowl.
- Decorative Marks 11 - Wheat-ear breadboard.
- Lettering - Lettered Bowl.
- Low Relief 1 - Milking Stool.
- Low Relief 11 - Four -Poster Bedpost Vase.
- High Relief - Patera.
- Furniture 1 - Gadroons, Pineapples, and Berries.
- Furniture 11 - Barley Twists.
- Working In The Round - Frog Box.
- Pierced Relief 1 - Dolphin Mirror.
- Pierced Relief 11 - Ivy-Leaf Plate.
- Shaping - Pestle and Mortar.
Carving On Turning Specifications:
- 166 Pages.
- Author - Chris Pye.