Chainsaw Carving for Beginners
- 1.27 LBS
Chainsaw Carving for Beginners with Helmut Tschiderer guides the reader through everything you need to know about chainsaw carving. You will learn which chainsaws to choose for carving, and how to maintain your machine. There is a special section on the anatomy of the chain and purchasing then installing the new chain. When it comes to what kind of wood you should choose there are many factors, like softer woods don't hold details, while harder woods do but takes longer to carve. Helmut provides helpful insights on wood species and which ones work best with the projects you are carving.
There are four chainsaw carving projects, and Old Shoe, Beautiful Rabbit, An Elegant Lady, and a Mountain Goat. There are step-by-step instructions with coordinating photographs, and multiple pattern views that guide you through the entire process from start to finish. You will get acquainted with several techniques from the rough draft to making fine, concave, contour cuts, to refining cuts and finishing. After completeing each project you'll be inspired to create your own original pieces!
Chainsaw Carving for Beginners Features:
- Beginner-Friendly guide to the craft of chainsaw carving in wood.
- Detailed Insight on chainsaw care, maintenance, safety, and essential tips and techniques.
- Cutting the Rough Shape and rounding the contours, defining individual shapes, working the details, and repairing cracks and cuts.
- Reference pattern views for each project ensuring your success.
- Techniques to progress and expand your chainsaw carving skills.
Chainsaw Carving for Beginners Specifications:
- 144 Pages.
- Pattern and 250 Step-By-Step Photos.
- Author/Artist - Helmut Tschiderer.