Downy Woodpecker Cast Feet
- This item usually ships in 24 business hours.
- 0.10 LBS
Downy Woodpecker Cast Feet Make your carving or taxidermy piece come to life with these "life size" Downy Woodpecker feet. The downy woodpecker cast feet are made of a mixture of pewter and tin forming a replica of real woodpecker bird feet. You will be impressed by the intricate detail of the legs and feet that will make your carving look more realistic than ever before.
Downy Woodpecker Cast Feet Specifications:
- Delise Feet originals.
- Made in the USA.
- Sold by the pair. (one left and one right to fit one full size downy woodpecker).
- Full Size.
- From the tip of the front toe to the tip of the back to is 1 3/8" long.
- From the bottom of the foot to the top of the leg tenon is about 1 1/8" high. Each foot is about 1/2" wide.
- There are 4 toes. Two to the front and two to the back.
- There is a tenon on the bottom of each foot that is about 1/8" in diameter and 3/8" long.
This tenon can be used to mount the bird and feet onto a surface, like a branch or may be clipped off if not needed. The top of the leg is about 1/8" in diameter.
Tips for Installing Downy Woodpecker Feet:
- Drill holes in the bird to attach the legs and feet. The legs do have a left and a right.
- If you look carefully at the top of the leg, they will be marked.
- Also remember that the hind toe goes to the inside of the bird.
- Attach the legs using an epoxy.
- If you want to bend the feet or legs, GO SLOW!
- Use a hair dryer to heat them and slowly bend them into position.
- You can also use a file and notch them from the under side of the knuckles to bend them around.
- Be careful because the downey woodpecker cast feet are very small and can break easily.
- Reinforce the bent feet with a little super glue or apoxie sculpt.
- To blend the legs from the body of the downy woodpecker, use a little Apoxie Sculpt to create a feather formation that looks for natural.
- Clean the legs and feet with vinegar or denatured alcohol before painting them.