Get Started in Leather Crafting
- 0.49 LBS
Get Started in Leather Crafting is packed with tips and techniques for successful leather crafting. Authors and master artisans Tony and Kay Laier introduce you to the basics through pattern and leather preparation, using leather working tools, including punches, cutters, essential tools, coloring, applying finishes, and the final assembly. The couple provides expert tips and step-by-step instructions on tooling techniques for carving with a swivel knife and the use of stamping tools. There are also tips on forming, molding, and embossing, to stitching, lancing, and braiding.
Get Started in Leather Crafting Contains Information on:
- Leather Basics.
- Tools For Cutting Leather.
- Preparing Leather Tooling.
- Preparing a Tooling Pattern.
- The Basic Stamping.
- Carving Swivel Knife.
- Basics of Stamping.
- Carving Techniques.
- Edge Treatments.
- Punches & Designs.
- Leather Appliques.
- Forming, Molding, & Embossing Leather.
- Coloring & Finishing Leather.
- Basic Stitching, Lacing, and Braiding.
- Using a Sewing Machine for Leather.
- Reenactment Costuming & Accoutrements.
- Leather Jewelry & Accents.
- Installing Hardware.
Get Started in Leather Crafting Specifications:
- 48 Pages.
- Authors: Tony & Kay Laier.