Looking for a unique gift for the little engineer in your life?
Check out the Magnetic Wood Toy Train DIY Woodworking Kit!
This DIY woodworking kit provides everything you need to build a Magnetic Toy Train, perfect for hours of fun and imaginative play.
The cars are connected by a magnet, making it easy to hook and unhook them, and the working crane and loaded passenger car add an extra element of fun.
The Magnetic Toy Train is sure to be a hit with any child - so get building today!
What's Included in the Magnetic Toy Train DIY Woodworking Kit?
- You get the full size magnetic train woodworking plan.
- The wheels for the train are provided.
- Magnets and connector nails to make the train magentic.
- The dowels to help put the train together.
- All the wood parts cut and ready to assemble. Our wood parts are made from poplar or similar hardwoods.
- A smokestack for the engine and caboose.
- small wooden people to drive the train and for passengers.
- Any other parts to finish the train.
What you'll need to finish the Toy Train DIY Kit:
While everything is cut, you'll need to do the final sanding. 120 grit sandpaper works very well and ifyou're sanding by hand, you can use some 180 grit and 220 grit. We suggest using 220 grit on the end grains of the wood. It makes your finish more even when applying to the entire piece. You'll need some wood glue or even white elmer's glue will work great to glue the pieces together. a hammer may come in nicely to tap the dowels into place. FYI, the dowels will be glued into the wheels, not the body of the loader. Once your assembly is complete, you'll need to do another round of touch up sanding and apply a finish of your choice.