Children love playing with construction toys. There's just something about being able to move dirt and rocks around that captures their imaginations. And what could be more fun than making your very own working toy grader?
With the Toy Grader DIY Woodworking Kit, you and your child can build a real, functioning grader together. It's a great way to spend some quality time with your child, and they'll love being able to show off their creation to their friends. Order your kit today!
What's Included in theToy Grader Loader DIY Woodworking Kit?
- You get the full size toy grader woodworking plan.
- The wheels for the grader.
- The dowels to help put the loader together.
- All the wood parts cut and ready to assemble. Our wood parts are made from poplar or similar hardwoods.
- A smokestack for the grader.
- A small wooden people to drive the machine.
- Any other parts to finish the grader.
What you'll need to finish the Toy Grader Loader DIY Kit:
While everything is cut, you'll need to do the final sanding. 120 grit sandpaper works very well and ifyou're sanding by hand, you can use some 180 grit and 220 grit. We suggest using 220 grit on the end grains of the wood. It makes your finish more even when applying to the entire piece. You'll need some wood glue or even white elmer's glue will work great to glue the pieces together. a hammer may come in nicely to tap the dowels into place. FYI, the dowels will be glued into the wheels, not the body of the loader. Once your assembly is complete, you'll need to do another round of touch up sanding and apply a finish of your choice.