Cherry Tree Toys
Trolley Car DIY Woodworking Kit
- 2.00 LBS
Looking for a new weekend project? Why not build the kids a trolley car?
This DIY woodworking kit is sure to delight, and the best part is you get to enjoy watching them play with it when you're done.
The trolley car is a pull toy that is easy to assemble and fun to paint. Just add a few finishing touches and voila! The perfect toy for the kids to enjoy.
So what are you waiting for? Get building!
What's Included in the Trolley Car DIY Woodworking Kit?
- You get the full size trolley car woodworking plan.
- The wheels for the trolley car.
- The dowels to help put the car together.
- All the wood parts cut and ready to assemble. Our wood parts are made from poplar or similar hardwoods.
- A pull toy rope with the wooden ball.
- Small wooden people for trolley car passengers.
What you'll need to finish the Trolley Car DIY Kit:
While everything is cut, you'll need to do the final sanding. 120 grit sandpaper works very well and ifyou're sanding by hand, you can use some 180 grit and 220 grit. We suggest using 220 grit on the end grains of the wood. It makes your finish more even when applying to the entire piece. You'll need some wood glue or even white elmer's glue will work great to glue the pieces together. a hammer may come in nicely to tap the dowels into place. FYI, the dowels will be glued into the wheels, not the body of the loader. Once your assembly is complete, you'll need to do another round of touch up sanding and apply a finish of your choice.