Whittling Little Folk
Whittling Little Folk is fun, not very time consuming and a caricature carver's dream come true. With just one carving knife and two simple patterns, you will be whittling a whole community of characters in the Scandinavian flat-plane style in no time! Harley Refsal will teach you how to carve more than 20 characters in wood. There are projects for the beginner as well as the seasoned carver. You will find step-by-step carving and painting instructions for a Scandinavian-inspired man and woman. Once you have mastered carving those two projects, you will use the same techniques to complete additional patterns with some subtle alterations. Each carving of these whittling characters has four different views for a complete 360° view of the character.
Whittling Little Folk Projects:
- Kristian, wearing a hat with his hands in his pockets.
- Thea, little old lady wearing a scarf over her head with her hands folded.
- Luring You On.
- A Horse Named Tiny.
- Police Officer.
- Josephine, wearing a swimsuit and swim cap with flower.
- Santa Claus in Sami Country.
- Short Amish Farmer.
- Tall Amish Farmer.
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
- Lucia, Queen of Light.
- Tomte, a second or third cousin to the Gnome.
- Baker, holding a rolling pin.
- Lars and Kari the Scandinavians.
- Lawrence and Sarah the Farmers.
Whittling Little Folk Specifications:
- 128 Pages.
- Author: Harley Refsal.
- 6" x 9".