Blue Jay or Grackle Feet Only
- This item usually ships in 24 business hours.
- 0.02 LBS
Make your carving or taxidermy piece come to life with these "life size" Blue Jay feet/toes. The blue jay carving feet are made of a mixture of pewter and tin forming a replica of real bird feet. You will be impressed by the intricate detail of the feet that will make your carving look more realistic than ever before.
The difference between the feet and feet only are that the regular blue jay cast feet come with the legs attached to them and the tenon in the bottom of the feet. The feet only are two individual feet with no legs and no tenons under the feet.
Blue Jay or Grackle Feet Only Specifications:
- Delise Feet originals.
- Made in the USA.
- Sold by the pair. (one left and one right to fit one full size blue jay).
- Full Size.
- From the tip of the front toe to the tip of the back to is 2" long.
- Each foot is about 15/16" wide.
- There are 4 toes.
- Three to the front and one to the back.
- These feet do not include the legs.
- They also do not have a tenon on the bottom of the foot like the traditional cast feet.
Tips for Installing Blue Jay or Grackle Feet Only:
- The feet do have a left and a right.
- Remember that the hind toe goes to the inside of the bird.
- If you want to bend the feet, GO SLOW!
- Use a hair dryer to heat them and slowly bend them into position.
- You can also use a file and notch them from the under side of the knuckles to bend them around.
- Be careful because the blue jay cast feet are very small and can break easily.
- Reinforce the bent feet with a little super glue or apoxie sculpt.
- Clean the feet with vinegar or denatured alcohol before painting them.
While these bird feet were made by Richard Delise to replicate those of a life size blue jay, there are many other birds that have feet that are very similar or almost identical. You can also use these feet for a Grackle
If you want to slightly alter the feet without making your own, simply add a little Apoxie sculpt to make areas thicker or bolder according to the bird you are trying to make.