Mallard Duck Male Resting on Water Carving Pattern Digital Download
The mallard, one of the most common ducks in the northern hemisphere, is a fascinating subject for carving. With an average lifespan of 5-10 years, this species is thriving and provides ample opportunities for observation and artistic representation.
A full-size Mallard measures about 20-26" long, with the body accounting for approximately 2/3 of its length. It has a wingspan of 32-39" and a bill that's 1.7 to 2.4" long. The mallard's weight ranges between 1.6 and 3.5 lbs. Males, or drakes, are easily identifiable by their glossy green heads and grey wings and bellies.
Our Mallard Resting on Water Carving Pattern offers:
- A depiction of a male mallard with its head up that is full size.
- A detailed representation of the duck resting on water, including an underwater view of its full belly and foot.
- An expanded view of the webbed feet.
- Top, side, and front views of the mallard.
- An exploded view of the tail feathers.
With this carving pattern, you'll receive a digital pattern for a full-size male mallard resting on water. This will be a great starting point for carving either a male or female mallard. You'll need reference material for painting, wood or cork for carving, and eyes. You can choose to make your own feet or purchase them. We recommend creating the cutout for the green mallard carving pattern in two pieces: the body and the head.
For a full-size mallard carving, we recommend:
- 9 mm dark brown eyes
- Basswood or Tupelo for the carving material
- Feet (either handmade or purchased)
Get started on your Mallard Resting on Water Carving Pattern today and bring this beautiful bird to life in your own unique way. Download this carving pattern today and start carving.