Chris Pye's Woodcarving Course
If you are new to carving or want to learn how to carve, this is a great book for you! This book Chris Pye's Woodcarving Course and Reference Manual will guide you through everything you will need to know about woodcarving. For example you will learn where to start, what tools to buy, what to look for in a workbench, the importance of preparing and sharpening your carving tools, how to make exacting cuts and execute a variety of techniques, and what woodworking projects are good to start with. Chris Pye, the author includes practice exercises to make you more comfortable with the carving tools and techniques so you can build your skills and carve with confidence. The projects and exercises covered in this book are low, high, pierced relief, and in-the-round carving.
Chris Pye's Woodcarving Course Projects and Exercises
- Four Types of Simple Decorative Molding.
- Designs, Symbols, and Letters in the traditional relief style.
- Several forms of line carving including cavo relievo.
- Beautiful Koi projects in three levels of relief.
- A realistic baseball cap and charming wren in-the-round.
Chris Pye's Woodcarving Course Specifications
- 159 Pages.
- Color Photos.
- 8.5" x 11".
- Author, Chris Pye.