- This item usually ships in 24 business hours.
- 1.00 LBS
Finish your carving of a full size Chukar a little faster and easier with a pair of the Chukar Cast Feet. The Chukar feet are a pair of (left and right) legs and feet that are cast from pewter using a life like casting to create realistic Chukar feet. The feet are easy to slightly move and install. The pewter paints easily and will make your Sanderling carving a sensation.
Chukar Cast Feet Specifications:
- Delise Feet originals.
- Made in the USA.
- Sold by the pair. (one left and one right to fit one full size Chukar ).
- Full Size.
- From the tip of the front toe to the tip of the back to is 2 1/4" long.
- From the bottom of the foot to the top of the leg tenon is about 2 1/4" high.
- Each foot is about 1 3/4" wide.
- There are 4 toes. Three to the front and one to the back.
- There is a tenon on the bottom of each foot that is about 1/8" in diameter and 3/8" long. This tenon can be used to mount the bird and feet onto a surface, like a branch or may be clipped off if not needed.
- The top of the leg is about 1/8" in diameter.
Tips For Installing Chukar Cast Feet:
- Drill holes in the bird to attach the legs and feet.
- The legs do have a left and a right.
- If you look carefully at the top of the leg, they will be marked.
- Also remember that the hind toe goes to the inside of the bird.
- Attach the legs using an epoxy.
- If you want to bend the feet or legs, GO SLOW!
- Use a hair dryer to heat them and slowly bend them into position.
- You can also use a file and notch them from the under side of the knuckles to bend them around.
- Be careful because the Chukar cast feet are very small and can break easily.
- Reinforce the bent feet with a little super glue or apoxie sculpt.
- To blend the legs from the body of the bird, use a little Apoxie Sculpt to create a feather formation that looks more natural.
- Clean the legs and feet with vinegar or denatured alcohol before painting them.