The Art of Whittling
First published in 1930, The Art of Whittling has provided readers with a wonderful introduction to the enjoyable hobby of whittling. This manual is still sought after by whittlers because it explains how to carve many items popular in American tramp art and more complicated items that are not included in most whittling books, such as continuous wooden chairs, hand tools, puzzles, balls inside spirals, swivels, entwined hearts, and buildings inside bottles.
The Art of Whittling Contents:
- Chapter 1: Tools and Materials.
- Chapter 2: Puzzle.
- Chapter 3: Puzzle 2.
- Chapter 4: The Chain.
- Chapter 5: Cage and Ball.
- Chapter 6: Double Cage and Ball.
- Chapter 7: The Swivel.
- Chapter 8: Balls within Spheres, Ring and Dumb-bell, Hearts, Etc.
- Chapter 9: Pliers.
- Chapter 10: Scissors.
- Chapter 11: Building in Bottles.
- Chapter 12: Fans.
- Chapter 13: Sliding Multiple Joint.
- Chapter 14: Multiple Joint.
- Chapter 15: Trick Dovetail Joint.
- Chapter 16: The Dogs.
- Chapter 17: Animal Toys
- Chapter 18: Finishes-- Wax, Shellac and Varnish.
The Art of Whittling Specifications:
- 91 Pages.
- 6" x 8.5".